The situation with COVID 19 is still problematic in Albania. The number of people infected is rising . To see an update of daily cases please refer to the official website of Ministry of Health here. The vaccination process is continuing with older people up to 80 years old, so it would take some time to vaccinate all people in our country.
Please be careful to be informed before you visit Albania. Here are some measures you should know:
- Please wear masks in streets and everywhere, because you can be fined by state police.
- The bars, restaurants and shops are all closed after 20.00 h every day
- The people are not allowed to move out, without a special permission, from 20.00 pm to 6.00 am.
- Please call 127 for Ambulance. There are a number of clinics and laboratories in every city in Albania, where you can do test for Covid, or other health check such as PCR, D-Dimer, Blood tests etc.
- Regarding the flights please consult the website of Tirana Airport
Albanian Ministry of Foreign Affairs announce that all checkpoints with Kosovo, Macedona and Montenegro will be open, and there is no need for PCR test or quarantine.
There are some strict measures regarding the Kakavija Checkpoint
Starting from 15 March 2021
– Kakavija will be open from 7.00-19.00. (not until 23.00 as it was until now)
– Number of persons entering every day will be reduced to 400 (from 750 per day)
– Who enter in Greece will be subject of a fast test, including drivers who are entering every day.
– People who result positive, will not be allowed to enter in Greece. Who will be allowed will enter in quarantine for 14 days (not 7 days as it is until now)
Please be careful, and respect the rules. Travel only if it is necessary.