Experiencing the living tradition of Gjirokastra, is a Day visit. The visitors are Introduced to the history and heritage of Gjirokastra such as the: ancient handicrafts and artisan traditions; the mastery of home made food; the unique architecture of the Gjirokastra; the challenge of restoration and preservation of the authenticity.
Introduction to the history and heritage of Gjirokastra
- Visit the Castle and the Gjirokastra Museum
Ancient handicrafts and artisan traditions of Gjirokastra
- Meet artisans and handmade souvenir producers
- Shop for personalized souvenirs in the Medieval Bazaar
Tasting the mastery of Gjirokastra home cooking
- Lunch with homemade food in a typical historic house
- Taste traditional dishes of Gjirokastra: qifqi and hoshaf
Written in Stone: the unique architecture of the Gjirokastra
- Walk upon the unique cobblestone streets
- Visit the Medieval Bazaar and Palorto neighborhood
- Meet a master stone-carver and socialize with the locals
Ottoman-style Gjirokastra houses and life in the past
- Visit the tower house of Zekate and meet the family
- Visiting the Skenduli House
The challenge of restoration and preservation of the authenticity
- Visiting the Babameto house – An example of revitalization in effort to save the City of Stone.
Evening of entertainment and traditional dinner at the 19th century Babameto House, cooking, dancing, and singing together. Learn iso-polyphonic singing and traditional dancing.