This house is located in one of the most visible spots of the city. Its location, size and the beauty are some of the reasons why its image is present in many postcards of Gjirokastra. The house was built in 1881, for two brothers named Hanko. The Hankos played an important role in the history of the city and Ismail kadare has written in 1977 “Breznite e Hankonateve” a book about their saga. In fact its not a simply house, but a complex of two houses and two yards. This is the only complex of this size in Gjirokastra. The first building is called Odajashta, (the outer room) while the other building in the back is called oda, with big decorated rooms. This house reflects the changed in architecture of houses in the end of 19th century, since there are some added elements such as balcony and the mansard roof in the central part, symbols of new influences in building the houses at the time.