CHURCH OF SAINT PARASKEVI IN THE CITY OF PËRMET
The Church of Saint Paraskevi is located at the mouth of a stream in the southern part of the city.It was constructed in a basilic-style and is a large structure: 22 m long, 16 m wide, and 8 m tall. The church consists of 3 naves and was built with pumice stones molded together with lime mortar and covered with a stone gable roof. Its interior decorations are made up of frescoes and carved woodwork. The inscription engraved on a stone slab dates the construction of the church to 1776 by Master Ilia Kristo. The church’s wall paintings were created in 1808 by the painter Terpo Zografi, son of Konstandin Zograf, a painter of frescoes and icons from Mokra of Korça. The church’s iconostasis and wood engravings were crafted artistically under the direction of Dhimitri, the Albanian master from Konica.