ST. MARY’S CHURCH OF BËNJË VILLAGE
The iconostasis were created in 1904 by Master Sionidhis Qioni. The church is divided into two rooms, reflecting the traditional separation of men and women in religious services. In the men’s room, where the dome is situated, glowing pictures of Jesus Christ were painted. Above the great room lies the ajodhima (the place where the priest conducts religious services and gives communion to anaphora) while a set of icons are located in the right wing (chapels) dressed in silver by Pandelli Saqellari. There is also one other area of blessing where the baptism takes place. The women’s room is small, but it has two floors. The first is paved with stone slabs, and the second has a floor and stairs of wood. The church is surrounded by cypress trees and has views overlooking the valley.