What is the Visit Gjirokastra Association?
An association of tourism businesses of Gjirokastra region, registered on September 23, 2019 in the Court of Tirana, with decision number 6323 link according to the Albanian law for non-governmental and non-profit associations.The association operates on a membership basis and is open to all tourism businesses in the region of 7 Municipalities (Gjirokastra, Përmet, Tepelena, Dropull, Libohova, Memaliaj, and Këlcyrë), which includes: tour operators, hotels, restaurants, agribusinesses, guides and representatives from 7 county municipalities. The aim is to promote tourism throughout the region and tourism businesses in the region, through the online portal VisitGjirokastra. Also other objectives are the organization of events and fairs, the design of comprehensive tourism packages, application for tourism projects, organization of training, etc. The establishment of the association was supported by Risi Albania.
The president of the Visit Gjirokastra association is Mrs. Kristina Fidhi.
How it all started?
In summer 2018, RisiAlbania, a project by Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation launched a call for branding Gjirokastra as destination and building the tourism portal. DMO Albania, a Destination Management Organization composed of a team of experts in tourism, digital marketing and content creation, was awarded as the winner of the project. The aim was not only to create a branding strategy, and building online image of Gjirokastra region as destination, but also establishment of an association of tourism stakeholders.
MISSION OF Visit Gjirokastra Association (VGA)
We unite and support our members and tourism actors in line with our vision for tourism in the Gjirokastra region by helping them effectively and creatively in their efforts to improve tourism products, tourism offer, sales and marketing.
VISION FOR THE REGION
In the next 5 years, Gjirokastra region will become the most sought after destination for year-round tourism where you can enjoy authentic Albanian experiences and stories based on our unique traditions, untouched nature and rich history, bringing benefits to communities in rural areas. and urban.
The purpose of the association is to promote tourism throughout the region and tourism businesses in the region, through the online portal visit-gjirokastra.com, organizing events and fairs, devising comprehensive tourism packages, applying for tourism projects, organization of trainings etc.
A unique information platform for tourism in the Gjirokastra region, open to all tourism businesses that are members of the Visit Gjirokastra Association. A very dynamically integrated portal with social media, already ranked on the first page of Google, with a variety of unique articles in two languages. The portal planned designed and built by DMO Albania has generated demand for listed businesses since the first year of creation. The creation of the portal and all the work for its promotion and establishment has been supported by Risi Albania.
Become a Member of the Visit Gjirokastra Association
Why become a member? What benefits?
- You become part of the decision-making on the way the Gjirokastra region is promoted, in the organization ofevents, fairs, etc.
- You are listed on the tourist portal Visit Gjirokastra
- Receives increased and dedicated advertising and visibility
- Get clients directly for your business coming from the portal
- You become part of various projects and trainings
What is your obligation?
- Implement the regulation and decisions agreed in the Assembly of this association
- Pay an annual cost, as a member of the association, on time (as agreed inensembles
- Keep the confidentiality of decisions, plans, calendars produced by this Assembly
- Make available additional information about any changes to your business, to be presented atportal in the best possible way
- Contribute with ideas, suggestions, articles for the benefit of the overall promotion of the county.
Who are the members of the Visit Gjirokastra Association Download list